Of Bronze and Stone
The Chero Kasi Veldt
Climate, Flora, Fauna
Military and Police
Courts and Prison
The One Faith
Currency and Economy
Races of the Veldt
- Type of Government: Hereditary Autocracy
- Current Ruler: Mazoga One-Eye
- The Autarch holds complete power over the entire country with each city being led by a Lord of the Hunt who answers to the Autarch.
- There is no division between civilian authorities and the military called the Zirkus. Service within it’s ranks is mandatory with a death sentence for any who disobey.
- The Zirkus is the first defense of the nation and is well known for it’s prowess. When entering the ranks, a new trainee will undergo a year of martial training and strategy and then be put to the Crucible, a test of survival against various creatures found in the rocky wastes. Those who survive are inducted into the Zirkan rolls as defenders.
- Rising through the ranks is merely a matter of getting the chutzpah to challenge someone of higher rank to combat to the death. If you win, you get the rank. If not, then you’re dead.
- The Lords of the Hunt of each city oversee any cases of law breaking though usually the sentence is always the same, being sent to the gladiator pits. If you survive a year as a gladiator then you are given your freedom.
- The only prison is the one attached to the Soladium where the gladiatorial fights occur. The Soladium is located in the Capital at Piris Torba.
- The Raksa all worship the four elder gods, though they call them the Others. Creatures of thought and purpose so grand and expansive to be wholly incomprehensible to any living person. Their religion is strict and allows no room for any change in the evolution of thought. Heresy is always met with a fiery death.
- Hierarchy of the Order
- The Council of Confessors – 15 of the oldest priests who oversee the entire faith
- The Elder Shephards – 10 of the oldest shephards for each city who oversee the faithful there
- The Shephards – the itinerant faithful who proselytize and convert and punish
- The small sciences are considered a gift from the Others and is believed to come directly from them, making us conduits for their will. Those who pursue the study of the mystical arts must find a Grandmaster to teach them the ways.
- There is no singular school for magic, rather it is made up of Grandmasters who have studied and become very powerful who are willing to share their knowledge with those they find to be worthy.
- The philosophy behind their mystical beliefs calls magic use The Art with a view towards reaching the state of the Shoal, the universal mind that unites all Raksa.
|Kai Minglye||The umbrella language of the Chero Kasi Veldt spoken by all Raksa|
|Rongloptic||The primary dialect spoken in the capital and most populated cities|
|Glissedrile||Spoken in the far south of the veldt|
|Risheglye||Spoken in the far north of the veldt near the land bridge with Oglea|
The regular currencies are still in effect.
|Standard Currency||Setting Name|
The Great 8th Caridian Empire saw the introduction of printed currency with each denomination sporting ink made from the precious metal it represents.